About Cosmetic Surgeon Brent D. Kennedy, M.D. – Facial Specialist
As the director, founder and designer of the Institute of Facial and Cosmetic Surgery, Salt Lake City area cosmetic surgeon Brent D. Kennedy has 18 years of experience
specializing in all aspects of facial, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. Dr. Kennedy is also highly qualified to perform liposuction surgery of the neck and body.
Following his graduation from Weber State College in Ogden, Utah, with a degree in mathematics, Dr. Kennedy chose to pursue the artistic science of facial and cosmetic
surgery in the 'European tradition,' where specialization in facial surgery requires both a medical and dental degree. After completing his education, Dr. Kennedy established
the institute in 1988 to provide specialized diagnosis and treatment of the face and the body.
In addition to providing outstanding cosmetic enhancements to patients traveling to the practice from around the country, Dr. Kennedy offers a fellowship program at the
Institute of Facial and Cosmetic Surgery in cosmetic and aesthetic maxillofacial surgery. Doctors from around the nation seeking to continue their education in this discipline
converge upon Salt Lake City, Utah, to take advantage of the institute's valuable educational opportunities. In addition to the instruction that Dr. Kennedy provides at the institute,
he is also a well-respected clinical associate professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School in the Division of Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Brent D. Kennedy has
also lectured extensively both nationally and internationally on cosmetic facial surgery and facial plastic surgery and is renowned for pioneering advances in the field of aesthetic
Dr. Kennedy is certified by both the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and The American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. He is also a full fellow of the American
Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and a member of several other prominent medical associations, including:
- The American Medical Association
- The Utah Medical Association
- The Salt Lake County Medical Society
Dr. Kennedy's surgical techniques have been published widely in several medical journals and textbooks. He is currently working on several other chapters for medical texts.
Listed below is a partial list of Dr. Kennedy's various chapters, topics and published articles:
Chapters and Topics
- Rhinoplasty Technique
- Systematic Aesthetic Evaluation of Eyes and Periorbital Area for Cosmetic Surgery
- Primary Blepharoplasty of Upper and Lower Eyelids
- Aesthetic Primary Rhinoplasty
- Suction Assisted Lipectomy in the Youthful Neck
- Adjunctive Procedures in Maxillofacial Surgery
- Facial Aesthetic Surgery -- Indications and Techniques for Rhinoplasty
Medical Journal Articles
- "Suction Assisted Lipectomy of the Face and Neck"
- "Custom-made Silicone Implants for Zygomaticomaxillary Augmentation"
- "Use of a Modified Epidural Catheter for Analgesia after Iliac Crest Bone Procurement"
- "Treatment of the Ptotic Chin in the Young Patient"
- "Fixation Techniques for Endoscopic Browlift"
Patient Testimonies for Dr. Kennedy